The French School of Siem Reap (EFSR in French) was launched in September of 2003. Managed by an association of parents since 2008, it welcomes students from the first level to high school.
Being homologated by the French Ministry of National Education and a partner of the Agency for the Teaching of French Abroad (AEFE), the school hires French-certified teachers who are regularly inspected.
The objectives of the EFSR are ambitious and advocate the attainment of excellence and success of all of its students by offering:
- A direct French-quality education for the primary level and through the CNED, a correspondence course supported by tutors for the secondary level
- A caring education from Nursery school
- An active, motivating and individualised pedagogy
- A school project promoting plurilingualism and interculturality
- An active orientation allowing the entry of our students into the best schools in France, Europe and further afield
The French School of Siem Reap (EFSR) opened its doors on the 2nd of September, 2003. The establishment was created through a private initiative with the aim of providing a quality education, in accordance with the official instructions of the French Ministry of National Education.
Since September of 2008, the school has been run by a Parents’ Association (APE in French) (see Administrative Structure).
The school has been approved by the French Ministry of National Education since June 2011 from the PS level to the CM2 level.
Her Excellency the Ambassador of France in Cambodia, Mrs Eva Nguyen Binh, Mrs Aline Clément, Principal, Mrs Diane Caroen, President of the Association of Parents